Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ah, autumn!


Well I have fallen sorely behind with blogging, but for good reason! Last weekend my husband and I went hiking in New Hampshire!! I must say it is SO NICE to both be out of school and have real jobs and plan weekend getaways like this. We left on Saturday morning and drove up, which was not bad at all, about 2-2.5hr drive. We got off the interstate and went through Bristol, NH. It's a small town, but so cute and we stopped at a local diner for lunch, but they serve breakfast all day! Oh my YUM! It was so good and I got a cup of locally brewed White Mountain coffee to boot!

We went to the scultured rocks geologic site to 'play' for a couple of hours. It's a gorgeus are, literally steps off the road and we climbed down some of the rocks for close to the cold water!

Then we drove to the AMC Mount Cardigan Lodge to check in. It is near lots of trail heads and has rooms you can rent. During the full operating season they serve family style meals, which was fun because we got to meet a lot of people there. I was happy to meet some other knitters and we spent a few hours sitting around the den area knitting and chatting.

Sunday we hiked up Mount Cardigan via Firescrew. It was a graded as a moderate hike but was pretty vigorous for a while there! Turned out to be perfect for us. It was a 5.7 mile loop that hit both the Firescrew and Cardigan peaks. Here is DH resting on top of Mount Cardigan where we stopped for lunch.
It was a great weekend getaway!! On our way back to the interstate we stopped at a local apple farm for some hot cider, which was the perfect end to our day!!
In knitting news, I am finished with baby gifts for the moment, YAY! I finished the Cowgirl boots this week but still need to upload pictures. I'm hoping to make a few super warm hats now because New England is having cold mornings now!!


2 comments:

Delly said...

Oh wow those are gorgeous pictures! I can feel the crisp cold! Sounds like you had a great time! Can't wait to see your cowboy boots!!! Well done on meeting other knitters! I keep meeting crocheters but thats ok! we're all very special talented people I say! How's the new house?

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how jealous I am that you went to Sculptured Rocks in the fall. I vacation on Newfound Lake every year with my husband's family and I have been wanting to go up there in the fall and the winter. Do you have other pictures posted that I can view?

I'm castingon from Ravelry so please don't think I'm a stalker.